Friday, April 26, 2013

Upcoming Things

Shalom! How are you? I am fine. If you are reading this... I like you. I don't like "like you, like you" but I do consider you pretty cool and consider you a friend. As my friend you know that I have been doing comedy for the last few years and that it is something I do a lot. I typically hate pushing and promoting shows (I know how annoying it can be to get bombarded and spammed with constant Facebook invites and flyers for comedy shows... so I try to be choosey and conscientious about how much I push this stuff) but I wanted to highlight two upcoming shows I'm doing...

On May 21st I will be headlining a fun show at Sean Bolan's in Bel Air. This is one of my favorite comedy rooms and the Color Me Funny guys (the dudes that run that room) are nice enough to have me close out that show. 



After that show, I will be headlining a one off show at the Sidebar Tavern in Baltimore on May 28th. This will also be a fun show that my talented friends Stavros Halkias and Mike Storck (who are doing me a huge favor) are doing as well.

Why are these shows so special? Well first... I'm going to record these shows for a possible second album. I'm a much better comic now and I'm really excited about the comedic evolution from 'Stupid Genius' to 'The Cheery Side of Denial' (the future second album).  So this aspect should be very cool. 

In addition, May 28th is my birthday. I'm not saying this to guilt you into coming (though you really should come because it is my birthday and I'm not asking for a gift of any kind. Just come and make your laughter my birthday present. Anyway, you're totally a bad person if you don't go)... I'm saying this because recording an album and celebrating another year of not dying is a good excuse to burn some material. It's been 14 months and about 320 shows since my last album was recorded and I feel really good about the material I've written since then but I'm also tired and have outgrown some of it. This will be a good milestone and time to retire some bits. 



Finally, I'm not going to be doing a lot of standup this summer... I've been keeping this under my hat for a while, but I'm going to be working on a movie for a few months and will have to put comedy on the back burner for a bit. I'm really excited about this movie and think it will be good... but it's going to be impossible to continue doing stand up the way I'm doing it now (anywhere from 5-12 times a week) and direct this film. I have some road work and a few random gigs scheduled in June and July... but besides that, I'll be doing the movie thing (and occasionally eating dinner with my wife) until the September.

So that is pretty much everything. I hope to see you at one of these shows. They will be good. If you can't come, please text me and ask me to hang out. I will either say "yes" or "I got a new phone.... who is this?'

Be well,
Mike

P.S. I'm sorry that this was really long and probably made me sound self indulgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.