Friday, April 5, 2013

Set #78: Magooby's Joke House

Set number seventy-eight was an important one for me... After two years, seven hosting weekends, dozens of guest spots and several one nighter/fill in MC gigs, I got a chance to feature at my home club (Magooby's Joke House).  Though I've featured in several other comedy clubs before, there is something special about getting a chance to do it in your home club. 

Serving as an audition set, I successfully middled for twenty-two minutes.  The crowd was small (which can be tough to handle in a room that large) but my set went over well.  I didn't kill by any means, but I had a consistently solid set with big laughs through out.  I didn't really take any big chances.   I just did my "A material" and had a really good set. 


 
P.S. I'm happy to say that I passed the audition... I will be getting a feature weekend at Magooby's over the summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.