Monday, March 25, 2013

Sets #66, #67, #68 & #69: Arlington Drafthouse and Magooby's Joke House

I had a fun sixteen minute set in the sideroom at the Arlington Drafthouse on Thursday.  The crowd was a little hard to warm up and I started slow but everything was clicking by the end.  The last half of my set was really clicking and I'll consider this show an overall success. 

After Drafthouse, I had a very successful last minute weekend at Magooby's Joke House in Timonium.  I hosted for Nick Dipaolo and Joe List for three shows and had a great time.  The late show on Friday was surprisingly good with a with a tired but (thankfully) not a rowdy crowd.  Though the crowd was a little more subdued, I had a very good set. 

Both Saturday shows were sold out and could not have gone better.  In my opinion, there is no better room in the area when Magooby's is full.  With tiered stadium seating, the laughs trickle down and gives the room the feel of a big theater show.  Both crowds were great and I had my best hosting sets (to date) at the club.  I learned a lot and had a great time watching basketball with Joe and Nick (who is sincerely one of my favorite comedians working). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.