Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sets #57, #58, #59, #60, #61, #62 & #63: Sully's Chantily, Avalon Theatre, Sidebar Tavern, Codmother, Touchdown, Judy's Restaraunt and Magooby's Joke House

My fifty-seventh set of the year took place at Sully's in Chantily, Virginia.  My forty minute set was solid and was a nice warm up for the next night at the Avalon Theatre in Easton, Maryland.  I had a great forty-five minute set in Easton, which included roughly forty minutes that was not on my CD.  This show gave me a lot of confidence as a long form comedian and happy with the state of my current long set.

I spent the week working on new stuff at Sidebar and Touchdown as well as further polishing my headliner set at Codmother in Washington, DC.  Codmother was a great venue and had a really hot crowd.  My thirty-five minute set went over great and did not feel like too much work.  This crowd was attentive and incredibly responsive.  I wish more crowds matched this particular audience's enthusiasm and intelligence.  Overall, this was a great show.

I spent my five minute set at Judy's Restaurant in Washington, DC refining the bits/ideas I worked on at Sidebar and Touchdown.  The tale of the "The girl that didn't look like Natalie Portman" is going to be a really good bit once I work out the kinks.  I hope to work on this bit more during this coming week.

I mentioned in a previous post that my mom was having health issues.  Without going into too many details, she had a major setback on Friday.  This caused me to cancel a trip that my wife and I had planned in New York.  I didn't have any shows planned for this trip, but I was very much looking forward to hanging out at the historic Comedy Cellar in Greenwich.  Instead, I spent 20 hours in a hospital on Friday and Saturday.

Tired... I felt the need to get on stage and did so at Magooby's Joke House on Saturday.  I was lucky enough to grab a guest set, which went very well (despite one tag that I'm going to cut in the future).  I focused on doing bits that I haven't done at this venue before, and all of it went over swimmingly.  This was a very fun show and a nice relief/release from "real life".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.