Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Shows #174, #175, #176 & #177: Hightopps Bar and Grille, Busboys and Poets, Blue Banana Sports Bar and Allstar Bar

I've done four sets since Sunday and there was little to no bombing.  I've been working on three brand new premises this week and two of them are keepers.  The highlight of the week was my set at Busboys and Poets in Arlington. 

I enjoy doing shows at Busboys because it is made up of mostly poetry.  A lot of these poets are extremely talented but all of them are incredibly sincere.  As a comedian, these shows force you to be genuine and earnest (something we should be doing anyway). This set featured a lot of storytelling and my 9 minutes was one of my better received sets in a while. 

In other news, I have coined the phrase "Jewneral"....


P.S. It's official.  My first live CD recording is happening on March 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.