Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shows #100, #101, #102, #103, #104 & #105: Arlington Draft House, Sonoma's Bar & Grille, RFD, A Second Chance Saloon, Red House Tavern and Magooby's Joke House

Sorry for the lack of updates...

Show #100 was a twenty minute struggle at Arlington Drafthouse. The crowd was very tight and each comedian struggled to get laughs. The only silver lining was that I stuck with it. After struggling for 15 minutes, I kept pounding away. My last three jokes hit well and I ended on very high notes and big laughs. Overall, this was still a really tough set.

Show #101 was a fifteen minute feature set for Tony Woods at Sonomas Bar & Grill in Columbia, Maryland. This was a very good show and an honor to work with Tony. Mr. Woods has done well in his career (multiple Comedy Central Specials, headlines clubs across the county, etc) but I still feel like he should be selling out arenas. It was also nice that he went out of his way to give advice and was very complimentary towards my set.

Show #102 was a really strong five minutes at RFD in Washington DC. It was a mostly polished set to a crowd of one hundred or so people and I crushed it. Big laughs and two applause breaks. Good times.

Show #103 occured at A Second Chance Saloon in Columbia, Maryland. This was the first time I had performed at this venue and it was a good show. I did eight minutes and got laughs on every joke. I have to give major props to my friend and headliner Rob Maher... he is a very very funny dude.

I hosted show #104 at the Red House Tavern in Canton, Maryland. This felt like more of a fun social gathering because it was all comics and no audience. Still it was fun pitching new jokes to good friends and working on my improvization skills.

Show #105 happened at Magooby's Joke House in Baltimore, Maryland. I did seven minutes of mostly new and (slightly) dirtier material. I had a blast and enjoyed doing two bits I had never done before. These jokes are going to become staples. I can't wait for them to progress and evolve over the next few weeks. Overall, this was a very very good performance.

I wanted to thank everyone for the positive feedback and messages I have been getting about my Carlos Mencia blog. I always enjoy getting emails and message that don't say I suck, so the input and notes I have been getting are way too kind and really unnecessary. I hope to write more in-depth blogs and bring more content to this site in the future...

Again, I apologize for the lack of updates. I have been very busy but I promise there is a long video blog coming soon. Until then... blah blah blah blah and thank you for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.