Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Show #94: 11th Street Lounge

I performed six minutes at the 11th Street Lounge in Arlington, Virginia last night.  So far this is the best set I have had since my hiatus and it got a great response.  The set was made up of the new jokes I've been working on for the past two weeks and an older joke I haven't told in roughly two months.  The set went over wonderfully and it was the most fun I've had doing stand up in a long time. 

My only critique was that I stumbled into my potential closer (a.k.a. "Spunk Fitness").  This joke still needs polishing on it's segway and introduction but otherwise, the rest of the joke killed.  From start to finish my energy and performance was really sharp and the material is almost matching it.  Overall, I have many reasons to be happy about this show. 

I have to give props and thanks to Mike James and Graham Hall for the time.  11th Street Lounge has always been one of my favorite rooms and I hope it only gets better with Mike and Graham (two really funny and nice guys) taking it over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.