Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shows #67 & #68: Ilusions Magic Bar and NcDevin's Bar and Grill

I had two shows tonight... My first stop was at Illusions Magic Bar in Federal Hill, MD. My set was a little under ten minutes and it went very well. I felt very comfortable on stage and think this was a very good set from start to finish.

When I did Capital Comedy Connection last week, I used an opener I hadn't used before (in part because I needed something clean but also because I didn't want to open with the same joke twice on that show). The joke was a hybrid of three parts of jokes that didn't work seperately but now work really well together. I've used this opener a few other times since and I'm pretty happy with it.

I'm sure when I watch tape tomorrow... I'll be more critical. For now, I'm really happy with this show. I really have to thank Ben Rosen for having me. Ben is moving to New York and this was his farewell to Baltimore show. It was an absolute honor to be a part of it and Ben (as a friend and comedian) will be missed. Best of luck to him in NYC.

I co-featured my second show of the night with my good friend T. Brad Hudson at NcDevin's in Canton, MD. My seventeen minute set went well (but not as well as my first set tonight). The crowd was a little rowdier than I like, but I adapted and the set went over well. My written material got laughs and my improv did as well.

Overall... this was a good night of comedy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.