Friday, April 29, 2011

Show #75: Make Me Laugh Comedy Tour

My seventy-fifth show of the year came at the Make Me Laugh Comedy Tour in Hagerstown, MD. Despite some adverse conditions... I had a great twenty-five minute set.

I woke up this morning with a really sore throat. By five o'clock this evening, I could barely talk. I almost canceled the show, but did not want to pass up a chance to perform in front of three hundred people. I spent the next three hours drinking hot tea, sucking on lemons and even drank Brandy. The last one made me a bit tipsy (I'm a light weight).

Despite sounding like Marty Funkhouser from Curb your Enthusiasm, I had a really strong set. I worked the entire room and had a lot of fun with this audience. It is almost worth the pain I'm in now (I can't speak at all and even swallowing water is painful at the moment).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.