Friday, April 29, 2011

Show #74: RFD

I did six (mostly) new minutes at RFD in Washington DC last night. This is still my favorite open mic to do in the area and I had a great set. I was very happy that the new jokes worked really well and every beat got laughs (that were supposed to). After watching video, the only thing I would do differently is work all sides of the room. RFD is a big wide open space, so you have to engage the entire room. Last night, I focused too much on the right side of the audience.

I've been feeling a little burnt out lately... Life has been hectic (stand up, wedding planning, full time job etc.) and the trip to New York took a lot out of me. After two days off, I watched an HBO special called "Talking Funny" (any person trying to be a comic should stop what they're doing and watch this). The show was a round table of Louis C.K., Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld and Ricky Gervais talking shop and comedy. Listening to those guys talk comedy really inspired and energized me. Between that and the new jokes, I am feeling slightly reinvigorated. I'm ready to work harder and keep getting better at this...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.