Saturday, March 26, 2011

Show #54: Magooby's Joke House

I didn't have a show scheduled tonight but really wanted to get some work in.  I asked Irwin Loring if I could get time on his show in College Park, Maryland.  Irwin was nice enough to put me on and I drove almost an hour to the venue.  Sadly, the show ended up being canceled because they (literally) did not have an audience.  I asked around and found out Magooby's did not have a guest spot planned for their late show.  College Park to Timonium is usually an hour drive but  I (not quite legally) got there in forty-five minutes.  You really have to love comedy if you're going to drive around this much.

I got the seven minute guest spot at Magooby's Joke House and it went really well.  My new jokes continued to work and take shape and I opened with a joke I hadn't done in a while.  R.C. Smith and Marc Unger were great comedians to work with and it was a good show all around.  I sincerely thank Andrew (the owner of Magooby's ) for putting me on the show at the last minute.  He truly is a class act and runs the best comedy club in Maryland.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.