Monday, March 21, 2011

Show #49: The Wind Up Space

I did twelve minutes at the Wind Up Space in Baltimore, Maryland.  It was a pretty good set and I had a good time overall.  I need to clean up some of my transitions and sell some of my older jokes better... but it was a solid show.

Sometimes when I'm working on new jokes, I don't work as hard and loosen up too much on my older bits.  I need to stop doing that.  I'm going to spend the next few weeks polishing all of the jokes and figuring out the order of my longer set.  I'm doing twenty minutes or long a few times in April and I'd like to be ready for that.

A special thanks goes to John Bennett and Mark Miller for hosting a fun and quirky showcase.  The proceeds to tonight's show went to a charity benefiting juvenile diabetes.  It's always nice telling dick jokes for a good cause.

I also have to give props to my hetero-life partner Ben Rosen for a great set and pushing me to be funnier.  That guy makes me want to work a lot harder...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.