Saturday, March 19, 2011

Show #48: Magooby's Joke House

I had a good six minute guest spot at Magooby's Joke House tonight.  It was a good crowd (two hundred people) and they responded well to my set.  With the big crowd, I stuck to mostly polished material but the one new joke I added hit very well.

My good friend Tommy Sinbazo did a great job this weekend as the featured act for the very funny Kevin Meaney.  This was Tommy's first weekend featuring at Magooby's and he crushed it for three straight nights.  It was a great to see a good friend do so well and knock it out of the park in a big spot.  It was even better to beat him at darts backstage.

Kevin Meaney also lived up to his reputation as a great guy and comedian.  Like Carl Labove a few weeks ago, Mr. Meaney was an incredibly warm and a cool dude to hang out with.  It was a great learning experience talking to such an experienced comic and a great storyteller.

I will be back hosting at Magooby's Joke House in a few weeks...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.