Sunday, March 13, 2011

Show #45: Hightopps Bar & Grill

I did nine minutes at Hightopps Bar and Grill in Timonium, Maryland.  It was a last minute set and I mainly went to work on the new jokes.  It ended up being a tough crowd and a very frustrating night.

As I have stated many times before, Hightopps is one my favorite rooms.  When not doing stand up, I go there a lot to hang out and shoot the shit with my comedy friends.  Most of the time crowds are friendly and just want to have a good time.  However, like many bar shows... You get the occasional audience that doesn't want to laugh.

Tonight was one of those nights.  Comics that I see kill regularly bombed tonight.  My set got a handful of laughs but ultimately I sucked.  This was a crappy crowd and I'll admit that I gave up before I told the first joke.  That's not a good thing.  People can tell when you give up.  If you aren't into what you're doing... Other people aren't going to be either.

I got heckled by a drunken asshole during my last joke.  I went off on him.  I don't know why I have been going off more at hecklers.  The longer I do this, the less tolerance I have for people who disrupt comedy shows.  I'm not an angry guy but hecklers bring out every stitch of anger I have.  Trust me.  I'm not proud of it...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.