Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shows #36 & #37: Magooby's Joke House

I'm writing this blog from the Megabus via my iPhone. I apologize in advance if autocorrect changes phrases like 'good times' to 'rejoice the declaration of the continental army in the United States of America'. It could happen. One time I (lovingly) referred to a friend of mine as a 'bone smoocher'. Autocorrect changed it to 'bone beholder'. But I digress...

I'm on my way to New York to see Louis C.K. at Carolines. It reminds me of being a kid... I loved baseball (still do) and would go to Oriole Park and watch batting practice. That's how I feel now. A little leaguer going to watch Cal Ripken in his prime playing the game he loves. It's going to be a great night and nice finish to a hectic but awesome week.

My last two shows at Magooby's went well. I had two good sets last night in front of two sold out crowds (250 people each). I think my second set last night was the better of the two. It was a longer set and I was a little more warmed up. I got a lot of great feedback and it was cool hanging out with comic friends T. Brad Hudson and Mike Storck. It was a great week hanging out with and watching headliner Carl LaBove. He is a good man with an incredible story (check out his interview with Marc Maron on WTF...it's amazing). I'm definitely a better comedian for working with him this weekend.

I really do have to thank Andrew and the staff at Magooby's Joke House. I was given a great opportunity and was treated so well by him and his staff. It was a lot of fun.

I can't embed YouTube videos from my phone.... I probably can but I'm too dumb to figure it out right now. I promise two videos tomorrow. Until then, rejoice the declaration of the continental army in the United States of America... bone beholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.