Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shows #31 & #32: Sonoma's and 11th Street Lounge

I braved the snowstorm and did two sets last night.  First I did nine minutes at the new open mic at Sonoma's Bar and Grill in Columbia, MD.  It was a pretty good set.  I figured out what lines to cut from the new jokes...so this show was a success.

Then I drove to 11th Street Lounge in Arlington, VA.  I was comedian 23 out of 24 and there were about six audience members left by the end of the night.  Chris Barylick who runs the show is a really nice guy but really wanted the show to be over by the end (I can't blame him).  I got really frustrated when he lit me (shining the light to say there are two minutes left) really early.

I ended up screwing up two jokes and got mad at myself.  It was a mini-meltdown.  However, I did get laughs and tell the two jokes I wanted to work on correctly... so it wasn't a complete waste of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.